Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Chaim Potok


Okay, so you might be wondering who the author is with the funny name. Well, Chaim Potok was one of the most brilliant writers of our time! He was a Jewish man (Chaim means "life") and his books, which include: The Chosen, The Promise, My Name is Asher Lev, Davita's Harp, and others, are considered classics and true literature. His characters are amazing people. They are all struggling with their faith, identity, their view of the world around them and how they fit into this big wide world and wondering if what they do with their lives really matters. I discovered his writings in High School and I have recently finished two of his books that I had never read. I highly recommend this man's work. My friend, Tina, totally loves him, too. She just borrowed Davita's Harp and can't wait to dive in. Happy reading and Shalom!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I had a woman in Half-Price Books recommend him to me and you're right - it was well worth the read. The one she recommended was "My Name is Asher Lev" and I really liked it. I fully intend to read the rest at some point.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mom2the6Rs said...

Terrific, Lisa! The chosen and the promise are so good. Read those next!

Jules

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home