Sunday, June 10, 2007

Reading catch up











All right, I know that I don't have a large readership on this blog, and that is not what it is for, anyway...it is a journal for myself, really. But, I have not updated here in awhile. Mainly, as a homeschooling mother, I am very busy throughout the school year and I really am only released to read in the summer months. So, I will try to update what I have read since September.


Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The Princess and the Goblins by George MacDonald

'Tis by Frank McCourt
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling

Girl Meets God by Lauren F. Winner

Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll

Darcy and Elizabeth by Linda Berdoll
Bee Season by Myla Goldberg

The three books at the end of my list I finished within the last month or so. They are the official summer "kick off" books for me. I am currently reading, with great joy, David McCullough's Mornings on Horseback, a non-fiction account of the childhood of Theodore Roosevelt. I will check back in as I continue. I am buying books left and right at yard sales and such, printing out the 100 most important fiction books of our time, (determined to fit one of them into my summer plans) and I am so READY for this summer's adventures to begin!!
If you are into good books and wonderful reading adventures, I raise a toast and say cheers....lets get to the pages.

Jules

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Jules, this is a little eerie, but I JUST finished Mornings on Horseback a week and a half ago. What coincidence that we should both choose the same time to read a book that is nearly 30 years old!

By the way - how were the Pride & Prejudice sequels? That's one of my favorite books and I'm a little afraid that if I read the sequels they will let me down so much that the original story suffers. Your thoughts?

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mom2the6Rs said...

Okay, Lisa, I will say that that is weird about the reading timing of MoH. About the p&p books, I really, really liked the first one...it is not for those who abhore sex in print, though. These newly weds are in love and we get to be there with them...a lot. The second book started too slowly...too much review of the first. But it got better as it went along. The fun thing for me now, is watching the P & P movies and imagining what they all were "really" like...according to Ms. Berdoll that is.

Jules

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home