Friday, July 13, 2007

The Reader by Bernhard Schlink


Finished The Reader today. It surprised me. It ended up being very meaningful, but it tripped me out at the beginning, with the relationship between a young man and an older woman. Lots of "intimate descriptions", too. Not a book I could recommend to most of the conservative women I know. So...another piece of literature to add to my imagination's collection. I don't think I will ever tire of reading good books. They so transport me into the minds and hearts of total strangers. I just love people...and fortunately of me, most books are about people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

You know, Jules, I have bought this book not once but twice and still haven't gotten past the fifth page. I may try again though since you seemed to like it.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Mom2the6Rs said...

Lisa, this book was not my favorite. If you never get around to reading it, your life will not be less abundant for it. Jules

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home